“Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.”Michelle Obama
Behind The Wings
Hi there, my name is Sydney. At an early age, I always knew I love to plan. Whether it was birthday parties, sleepovers, group projects, you name it! Known for my keen eye, I constantly think outside of the box no matter what the project is for and find myself doing many DIY projects in my free time. From the planning to the decor, to the late night meeting deadlines, to the post-mortems, I enjoy every bit of it.
Early on, I found myself intrigued by Experiential and Digital Marketing after attending VidCon at age 16. That interest grew into my previous experiences as a brand ambassador and social committee member at UCSB AMA, giving me the best of both worlds. It allowed me to start thinking creatively and strategically towards curating social media content and event planning.
After graduating from UC Santa Barbara (#GoGauchos), I had the opportunity to further my professional career through various marketing internships. Getting to wear different hats greatly expanded my marketing knowledge and pushed my drive to pursue a career in Digital Marketing. As I hope to find a role that could touch on all facets of Social Media, Influencer Marketing, Brand, or Experiential Marketing, I plan to explore as many avenues as I can.
My passion to connect with others through mediums, whether it be through my work or my conversations has allowed me to thrive. I hope to continue this vision of mine in a team and company culture that takes pride in its relationships and demands a great blend of innovation, creativity, and imagination.
11 fun facts !
- I have two French Bulldogs, Brie & Bleu (say cheese!)
- Born and raised in San Jose, CA – can’t beat the BAY AREA!!
- I’m very family-oriented, I have 4 younger siblings
- I’m notorious for spending my money on Philz Coffee
- I could win an Oscar for reciting line for line in “She’s The Man”
- Hand sanitizer is my new best friend
- I was a Student-Athlete and played competitive volleyball for 13 years
- I listen to a HUGE variety of music (yes…even Country, but I love RnB)
- I can play the ukulele–my go-to song is “Island In The Sun” by Weezer
- Most likely to laugh at my own jokes….I do love puns
- I am a firm believer in the cliché “Everything Happens For A Reason,” but what can I say, I’m a big optimist at heart